- 16 Gbps per port maximum throughput for high bandwidth storage (SAN) traffic
- Over 1.2 million IOPS reduces latency in high transaction intensive applications and virtualized environments
- Reduced hardware, cabling, and management costs by enabling more applications (virtual machines) to run on a single server and Fiber Channel port
- Decreased power and cooling costs by using the fewest PCI Express lanes in PCIe Gen3 environments
- Overlapping protection domains (OPDs) to ensure a high level of reliability as data moves to and from the PCI bus and Fiber Channel network
- Complete investment protection for legacy 8 Gb and 4 Gb Fiber Channel infrastructure
The 2662 series adapter is QLogic's sixth generation Fiber Channel adapter. It boasts industry-leading native Fiber Channel performance - achieving dual-port, line-rate, 16-gigabit Fiber Channel throughput - at extremely low CPU usage with full hardware offloads. This extreme performance eliminates potential I/O bottlenecks in the powerful multiprocessor, multicore servers. In addition, support for powerful virtualization features makes this adapter ideal for virtualized environments that need excellent I/O performance to service growing numbers of virtual machines (VMs).