- GUI based configuration, management and diagnostic software tools
- Common data format between generations of products
- Data migration between servers and external StorageWorks Modular Smart Array enclosures
- Zero memory raid, 256 and 512MB cache
- 3.0/6.0Gb SAS capable technology delivers high performance and data bandwidth up to 1.2GB/s per physical link and contains full compatibility with 1.5G SATA technology
- Insight Manager, Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU) and SmartStart
- Online management features online array expansion
- Online advanced capacity expansion
- Online logical drive extension
- Online RAID level migration
- Online strip size migration
- Offline mirror splitting and recombining
- User selectable rebuild priority
- User selectable RAID level and stripe size
- User selectable read and write cache sizes
The HP Smart Array P712M is a mezzanine card that is 1.5Gb SATA 3.0/6.0Gb SAS for the HP ProLiant BL280c G6 server. It is one of the highest performing controllers in the SAS portfolio and provides new levels of reliability for the HP ProLiant BL280c G6, through its support of the latest SCSI technology and advanced RAID capabilities.
- Consistent configuration and management tools
All Smart Array products utilize a standard set of management and utility software. These tools minimize Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by reducing training requirements and technical expertise necessary to install and maintain HP server storage.
- Drive mirroring (RAID 1)
This allocates half of the drive array to data and the other half to mirrored data, providing two copies of every file. It is a high-performance RAID.
- Recovery ROM
This feature provides unique redundancy that protects from a ROM image corruption. A new version of firmware can be flashed to the ROM while the controller maintains the last known working version of firmware. If the firmware becomes corrupt, the controller will revert back to the previous version of firmware and continue operating. This reduces the risk of flashing firmware to the controller.