- IPMI and Web interface for remote management of the enclosure
- Remote connectivity to XCC controllers in each node in the enclosure
- Node-level reporting and control (for example, node virtual reseat/reset)
- Enclosure power management
- Enclosure thermal management
- Enclosure inventory
The dual-port SMM provides the ability to daisy-chain the Ethernet management connections thereby reducing the number of ports you need in your management switches and reducing the overall cable density needed for systems management. With this feature you can connect the first SMM to your management network and the SMM in a second enclosure connects to the first SMM. The SMM in the third enclosure can then connect to the SMM in the second enclosure. A total of 7 enclosures can be connected in this way, which means that with 4 servers in each node, a total of 28 servers can be managed remotely via one single Ethernet connection.