- Enables higher bandwidth and throughput from standard with DA dual port server adapter
- Allows load balancing of interrupt handling between multiple cores/CPUs
- Reduces support costs with remote management based on industry-wide standards
- Ensures transmit fairness and prevents head-of-line blocking virtual machine device queues
- Accelerates I/O with higher throughput and lower CPU utilization by offloading processing overhead
The Intel 10 Gigabit AF DA dual port server adapter from Dell is a member of Intel's robust family of 10 Gigabit products. It is designed as a low-cost, low-power adapter. This adapter provides direct attach copper twinaxial cable connections between servers and a top-of-rack switch. The Intel 10 Gigabit AD DA dual port server adapter is well-suited for customers who require low-cost "in-the-rack" connections of less than 10 meters between server and top-of-rack switch.
This server adapter is designed to meet the throughput and latency requirements of bandwidth-hungry applications, while offering a very low-power envelope for energy efficiency. The low-power, efficient design allows for two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports in a single PCIe adapter. Additionally, Intel 10 Gigabit AFDA server adapters enable Intel I/O Acceleration Technology with support for Intel QuickData for faster I/O processing on the quad-core and dual-core Intel Xeon processor-based servers.