- The HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module cuts 95% of hardware to connect servers to networks: Only two VC FlexFabric modules connect an enclosure of Hewlett Packard Enterprise server blades to both data and storage networks, eliminating multiple switches, cards, and cables.
- One flexible interconnect connects to any network: One device supports most common data center network protocols: Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and iSCSI.
- 100% compatible with current networks: Seamless connection to existing industry standard data and storage networks avoids fork-lift upgrades.
HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Modules are the simplest, most converged and flexible way to connect virtualized server blades to any data or storage network. VC FlexFabric modules eliminate up to 95% of network sprawl at the server edge with one device that converges traffic inside enclosures and directly connects to LANs and SANs. Using Flex-10 technology with Fibre Channel over Ethernet and Accelerated iSCSI, these modules converge traffic over high speed 10 Gb connections to servers with HPE FlexFabric Adapters. Each module provides four adjustable connections (three data and one storage or all data) to each 10 Gb server port. Avoid the confusion of traditional and other converged network solutions by eliminating the need for multiple Ethernet and Fibre Channel switches, extension modules, cables and software licenses. Also, Virtual Connect wire-once connection management is built-in, enabling server adds, moves, and replacement in minutes instead of days.
- Simplify the Server Edge with 95% Consolidation and Faster Deployment of Network Connections
The HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module cuts 95% of hardware to connect servers to networks: Only two VC FlexFabric modules connect an enclosure of Hewlett Packard Enterprise server blades to both data and storage networks, eliminating multiple switches, cards, and cables.
Provides 4:1 consolidation of interconnect equipment: Each HPE VC FlexFabric module can replace up to three Ethernet and one Fibre Channel switches in an HPE BladeSystem enclosure.
Reduces networking TCO at the server edge: Save up to 65% on equipment resulting in more than $1M savings for only 15 enclosures. Save another 40% on power and cooling costs per year.
Simplifies connection management: Wire-once, then add, move and change network connections to 1000's of servers in minutes vs. days from one console without affecting your LAN and SAN.
Virtual Connect (v3.30 and greater) improves network visibility for troubleshooting from a command line interface with secure access for network teams via TACACS+ or RADIUS.
- Flexible Configuration of Network and Storage Connection Quantity and Performance
One flexible interconnect connects to any network: One device supports most common data center network protocols: Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and iSCSI.
Fine-tune performance: Fine-tune the performance of each data and storage connection to meet the needs of each virtual machine and workload.
Optimized for hypervisor i/o requirements: With Flex-10 two modules provide 6 FlexNIC and 2 FlexHBA connections to each server, the best practice network configuration for most hypervisors.
Increase storage connection performance: Connect to servers using full hardware offload of iSCSI and FCoE protocol processing minimizing the impact on host CPU performance.
Ultra-fast 10 Gb server-to-server performance: Perform ultra-fast communication between virtual server hosts and moves and recoveries with hardware-based 10 Gb performance.
- Upgrade your Network with Investment Protection Without Process Changes
100% compatible with current networks: Seamless connection to existing industry standard data and storage networks avoids fork-lift upgrades.
One standard for all connection needs: One VC FlexFabric module meets any data and storage connection need with license-free, multi-protocol support for Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Fibre Channel over Ethernet and Accelerated iSCSI connections.
Built on proven HPE BladeSystem technology: Requires no changes to HPE BladeSystem c-Class Enclosure components.
Maintain current IT processes: Direct uplink connections to LAN and SAN maintain your current IT practices, unlike other solutions that reroute SAN traffic to the LAN.
What's in the Box
- (1) Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port module