- Up to 1600 MHz memory access, 120 cores per server delivers improved compute performance
- Modular compute, storage, and I/O books
- Lid-less rack design eliminates the need to pull server from rack, front and rear access only for fastest and easiest serviceability
- Up to 22 total PCIe expansion slots provide the highest IO bandwidth from a single server in the system x portfolio
- Advanced RAS features such as primary processor recovery, memory page retire, and memory page sorting enable a high level of x86 availability
- Built-in Predictive Failure Analysis provides ability to take proactive actions to avoid unscheduled down-time
The IBM System x3950 X6 server is an eight-socket 8U rack-mounted server that represents the sixth generation of the IBM Enterprise X-Architecture. It delivers innovation with enhanced scalability, reliability, availability, and serviceability features to enable optimal performance for mission-critical databases, enterprise applications, and virtualized environments.
The x3950 X6 packs numerous fault-tolerant and high-availability features into a high-density, 8U rack-optimized lid-less package that helps to significantly reduce the space that is needed to support massive network computing operations and simplify servicing.
What's in the Box
- Lenovo System x3950 X6 6241
- Rack rail kit, performance accelerator, SSD caching enabler, 2 x Mellanox ConnectX-3 10 GbE Adapter, 4 x SFP+ SR Transceivers