- Provides high scalability in an ultra-dense, 1U switch with 48 SFP+ ports and 4 QSFP+ ports to support high-density server virtualization, cloud architectures, and flash-based storage environments
- Increases performance for demanding workloads with support for 128 Gbps (4x 32 Gbps) and 32 Gbps FC links
- Simplifies configuration and management with easy-to-use EZSwitch setup
- Enables "pay-as-you-grow" scalability from single-switch fabric to full-fabric enterprise capabilities with Ports On Demand scalability
- Optimizes fabric behavior and ensure sufficient bandwidth for mission-critical applications with advanced traffic management capabilities and adaptive networking
- Provides proactive, non-intrusive, real-time monitoring and alerting of VM health and performance with VM Insight through integrated network sensors
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 4, 8, 16, and 32 Gbit/sec capabilities and native operation with Brocade fabrics
- Runs Fabric OS, which delivers distributed intelligence throughout the network and enables a wide range of value-added features
- Leverages Fabric Vision technology's powerful monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools to simplify administration, increase uptime, and reduce costs
- Supplies a rich set of standard features at no extra cost, including fabric services, advanced zoning, adaptive networking, full fabric and access gateway operations, integrated 10 Gb FC, and diagnostic tools
- Expands fabric capabilities with optional licensed functions, including trunking, advanced monitoring and alerting, long-distance fabrics, and FC-FC routing
- Compresses in-flight data on up to four ports for more efficient link utilization
- Virtualizes physical FC SAN switches and fabrics into logical entities for better flexibility, utilization, management, and efficiency
- Allows organizations to seamlessly integrate Gen 6 Fiber Channel networks with the next generation of flash storage - NVMe over Fiber Channel - by being NVMe-ready, without a disruptive rip and replace, to achieve faster application response times and harness the performance of solid state drives for better scalability across virtual data centers with flash storage
- Maximizes resiliency with redundant hot-swap power supplies
- Accelerates troubleshooting with built-in advanced diagnostics tools featuring ClearLink Diagnostics with D-Ports and select adapters from QLogic and Emulex, which helps ensure optical and signal integrity for 16 Gb and 32 Gb Fiber Channel optics and cables
The Lenovo ThinkSystem DB620S FC SAN Switch provides exceptional price/performance value by delivering market-leading 32 Gb Gen 6 Fibre Channel technology and combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality that supports highly virtualized environments to meet the demands of hyper-scale, private cloud storage, and growing flash-based storage environments.
Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability, the ThinkSystem DB620S is a compact, 1U rack-mount FC switch that offers low-cost access to industry-leading Storage Area Network (SAN) technology while providing "pay-as-you-grow" scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.
The DB620S FC SAN Switch offers 48x SFP+ ports that support 4/8/10/16/32 Gbps speeds and 4x QSFP+ ports that supports 128 Gbps (4x 32 Gbps) or 4x 4/8/16 Gbps speeds. The DB620S FC SAN switch provides easy integration into the existing SAN environments while realizing the benefits of Gen 6 Fiber Channel connectivity, and the switch offers a rich set of standard software features with the options to expand its capabilities as needed.
The DB620S FC SAN Switch features the EZSwitch Setup wizard and can be configured in Access Gateway Mode to simplify deployment. The switch provides full non-blocking performance with Ports On Demand scalability to support SAN expansion and enable long-term investment protection.
What's in the Box
- Lenovo ThinkSystem DB620S
- 24 x 32Gb Fibre Channel SFP+ Short Wave Transceiver
- DB-9 to RJ-45 adapter
- Rack mounting kit