- 10 GbE and 40 GbE connectivity to servers and storage
- Industry-leading throughput performance with low latency
- Ideal for clients running Ethernet infrastructure in high speed trading, web 2.0, virtualization, and cloud computing
- Enables clients to maximize compute usage by removing I/O bottlenecks
- Improved application productivity and efficiency with support for protocol offload and RDMA over Converged Ethernet
- Support for industry-standard SR-IO Virtualization technology to deliver VM protection and granular levels of I/O services to applications
- High-availability and high-performance for data center networking
- Software compatibility with standard TCP/UDP/IP and iSCSI stacks
- Low power, low cost, and high reliability
The Flex System EN6132 2-port 40Gb Ethernet Adapter and Mellanox ConnectX-3 Mezz 40Gb 2-Port Ethernet Adapter in conjunction with the EN6131 40Gb Ethernet Switch offer the performance that you need to support clustered databases, parallel processing, transactional services, and high-performance embedded I/O applications, which reduces task completion time and lowers the cost per operation.
The 40 Gb Ethernet solution that is offered by Flex System can deploy more workloads per server without running into I/O bottlenecks. If there are failures or server maintenance, clients can move their virtual machines much faster by using 40 Gb interconnects within the chassis.
The 40 GbE switch and adapter are designed for low latency, high bandwidth, and computing efficiency for performance-driven server and storage clustering applications. They provide extreme scalability for low-latency clustered solutions with reduced packet hops.