- Improves IT staff productivity through simplified deployment and management
- Reduces the number of cards, cables and PCIe slots required
- Exceptional performance per watt and price / performance ratios
- Integrates seamlessly into existing SANs
- Assures data availability and data integrity
- VScale performance and scalability - multi-core ASIC engine with eight cores supports 255 VFs, 1024 MSi-X and 8192 logins/open exchanges for maximum VM density up to 4x more than other adapters
- GreenState power efficiency reduces data center power consumption and associated OPEX by delivering exceptional power to port ratios
- BlockGuard data integrity enables end-to-end protection against silent data corruption
- VEngine CPU offload lowers CPU burden on host server, enabling support for more VMs
- Rock-solid reliability and thermal characteristics, essential for mission-critical, cloud and virtualized applications
- Support for Message Signaled Interrupts eXtended (MSI-X), improves host utilization and enhances application performance
- Support for 16GFC, 8 Gb and 4 Gb FC devices
- Comprehensive virtualization capabilities with support for N Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) and Virtual Fabric
- Host-to-fabric Fiber Channel Security Protocol (FC-SP) authentication
HPE 548SFP were designed to support large virtualized, cloud and mission critical database environments. The HPE 548SFP features the HPE bulletproof driver-stack, backward compatibility to 8 GFCHBAs and rock solid reliability.
- Proven design, architecture and interface
HPE 548SFP highly integrated multiprocessor design minimizes onboard components to improve host performance and efficiency. Advanced error checking features ensure the integrity of block data as it traverses the Storage Area Network (SAN). HPE firmware-based architecture enables feature and performance upgrades without costly hardware changes. The unique fourth generation Service Level Interface allows use of a common driver across all models of HPE-branded HPE HBAs on a given operating system (OS) platform. Installation and management facilities are designed to minimize server reboots and further simplify deployment.
- Powerful management software for maximum data center efficiency
The HPE enterprise class management application features a multiprotocol, cross-platform architecture, that provides centralized management of all HPE 548SFP and Universal Converged Network Adapters (UCNAs). This enables IT administrators to manage Fiber Channel (FC), Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) and Network Interface Card (NIC) adapters with one tool for maximum efficiency. The unique OneCommand Manager plug-in for VMware vCenter enables adapters to be managed directly within the VMware environment, further simplifying the management process.
What's in the Box
- HPE 548SFP