- Half-duplex 10BASE-T to 10BASE-2 coax converter
- Seamlessly connects 10BASE-2 devices to 10BASE-T hubs or workstations
- Features convenient, switch-selectable coax line termination to save cost and space
- Features a UTP crossover switch and automatic polarity detection, correction and indication
- Labeled status LEDs for quick and easy installation
- Completely software independent with no installation of drivers required
The FlexPoint 10T/2 is a member of the modular FlexPoint converter product family. The FlexPoint product family supports the IEEE 802.3 standard and provides an extensive range of connectivity options across different media.
The FlexPoint 10T/2 is a 10Base-T to 10Base-2 converter that converts between twisted pair (UTP) and coax LANs and joins their collision domains. The FlexPoint 10T/2 facilitates the connection of a coax segment to a 10Base-T hub. When using a pair of FlexPoint 10T/2 converters back to back, they connect between two 10Base-T hubs via coax. On the UTP side, the FlexPoint 10T/2 uses a modular EIA/ TIA 568 RJ45 connector that supports categories 3, 4 or 5 wiring and connects to distances up to 100 m (328 ft.). The FlexPoint 10T/2 detects and corrects wiring polarity reversals, and features a crossover switch that facilitates a straight-through cable connection to a workstation or a hub and eliminates the need for a crossed cable. On the coax side, the FlexPoint 10T/2 utilizes a BNC connector and supports a 50 ohm cable and distances of up to 185 m (606 ft.). Per IEEE 802.3 standard, up to 30 workstations can be attached to the coax segment. The FlexPoint 10T/2 features a convenient and cost-effective cable termination via a termination switch and a built-in termination element.