- Connect up to five eSATA storage device (hard drive or RAID volume) to any system
- Support SATA I/II/III storage device
- Integrated hardware RAID controller to maximize performance
- Compatible with various flash media CF, CFast, mSATA media using Addonics family of flash adapters
- RAID volume can be used as a boot drive or as additional storage
- Multiple units can be daisy chained
- Supports individual drive mode via PM compatible eSATA port or USB connection
- Power directly via USB port or external power adapter
- Supports hot swap
- Drive activity LED and error LED for host and 5 SATA devices
The Port Multiplier (PM) Ultra is external PMs in the market to connect as many as 5 eSATA storage devices to any computer via a single eSATA or USB 3.0 port. Built on the same ASIC deployed in the field proven 5-port HPM-XU, the five hard drives attached to this PM Ultra can be set up to appear as five individual drives, just like connecting through a USB hub, or to appear as a single RAID volume. With this PM Ultra, you can also connect five SATA optical drives such as DVD-RRW or Blu-ray drives to your system via eSATA connection and do simultaneous recording. By attaching multiple Addonics RAID Tower to this PM Ultra, you can easily build yourself a large storage farm in excess of 100 TB. The storage devices that are attached to the PM Ultra are easily shareable on any LAN by attaching to the Addonics NAS 4.0 adapter.
RAID configuration is set via a set of dip switches on the back of the unit or the included software utility. The drive and PM status are visually monitored by the LEDs on the front and back of the unit respectively or via the bundled monitoring software. Any drive failure or RAID error can be notified via audible alert from the on board buzzer and via email to an SMTP account. The hot swap capability of the PM Ultra also allows external hard drives to be conveniently attached or removed from the system on the fly without restarting the system. The PM Ultra is constructed in a heavy gauge metal housing with ventilation on the side for efficient heat dissipation and can be powered directly from USB port or an external power adapter. Comes with convenient mounting hole on the bottom and a small power adapter, the PM Ultra can be installed easily in various computing environment.