- 4 internal and 4 external 6 Gbps SAS+SATA ports
- Low profile form factor design
- Supports up to 256 SAS or SATA end devices
- Supports SSDs, HDDs and tape drives
- Provides state of the art connectivity for servers and appliances with internal storage and the ability to add external storage
- 8 lanes of PCI Express 3.0 provides fast signaling for high-bandwidth applications
- High performance with 6 Gbps data transfer rates
LSI SAS 9207-4i4e host bus adapter provides a high performance solution for internal and external storage connections in 1 U/2 U servers and workstations. The LSI SAS 9207-4i4e provides 8 lanes of 6 Gbps SAS and is matched with 8 lanes of PCI Express 3.0, 8 Gbps performance to eliminate any performance bottlenecks. Performance is based on the LSISAS2308 6 Gbps SAS IO controller that highly integrates the enhancements in PCI Express and SAS technology.
The LSI SAS 9207-4i4e has one (x4) internal mini-SAS connector (SFF8087), one (x4) external mini-SAS connector (SFF8088), and provides SAS and SATA data transfer rates of 1.5, 3, and 6 Gbps per lane and can achieve over 650K IOPs.
- SAS leadership
LSI's proven SAS core has completed extensive stress and interoperability testing resulting in the industry's robust, interoperable solution. LSI has supplied leading edge serial technology to systems throughout the world for over seven generations, making LSI the experienced enabler of serial interconnect for storage in the world. Integrators can be assured that their LSI adapter is providing advanced and robust serial technology.
- Fusion MPT architecture
The LSI SAS host bus adapter is based on the Fusion MPT architected SAS controllers, which implements LSI's Fusion-MPT (Message Passing Technology) architecture. The controller features embedded PowerPC processors that deliver maximum host CPU offload. The built-in intelligence enables LSI to publish a single binary OS driver to operate any Fusion MPT controller or adapter. The architecture enables high performance, reduced software development, and faster time to market.