- Full duplex operation over 4-wire CATx
- Data rate up to 19.2 kbps
- Range of up to 8 km (5 miles) at 19.2 kbps over 24 AWG lines
- Transformer isolation to protect unit
- DCE/DTE switch for easy direct connection no special cables needed
- Interface powered by handshake signals no AC power required
For a nonpowered modem, the SHM-NPR from Black Box really packs the power. Forget about the 50-foot (15.2-m) RS-232 limit. This simple, plug-in Short-Haul Modem pushes data up to 1.2 miles at 19.2 kbps or more than 5 miles (8 km) at 2.4 kbps. Choose from three different models: one with a 4-screw terminal block connector, one with an RJ-11 connector, and one with an RJ-45 connector. Each model has a DB25 connector (male or female) that plugs into your terminal.
To connect your asynchronous devices to your host, use a pair of SHM-NPRs - or an SHM-NPR and a ME800A-R2. The SHM-NPR is powered from the RS-232 interface. If your device does not provide interface power, use the ME800A-R2 (Short-Haul Modem-B) on one side of the line.