- Provides maximum flexibility for diverse deployment and cooling strategies
- Features Ports on Demand (PoD) capabilities for fast, easy, and cost-effective scaling
- Provides a flexible, simple, and easy-to-use SAN solution with technology
- Supports highly virtualized, private cloud storage with multi-tenancy and non-stop operations
- In-flight compression and encryption included providing efficient link utilization and security
- Yields exceptional price/performance value, exceeding comparable Ethernet storage-based alternatives
- Simplifies enterprise SAN deployment by combining higher edge switch port density with exceptional scalability, performance and reliability
- Two integrated redundant, hot swappable power supplies with integrated cooling fans
- Enhanced fault detection logic
- Parity protection on all data paths and system memory
- Hardware enforced zoning
- Frame filtering
- Built-in web browser management tools
- Enhanced Group Management (EGM)
To remain competitive, IT organizations must keep pace with ever-increasing workloads without a similar increase in their budgets or resources. While virtualization has provided some relief by enabling the benefits of faster deployment and consolidation, it also tends to put additional stress on data center networks. In addition, the move toward cloud computing, which promises greater efficiency and a more service-oriented business model, means that these networks will face even greater demands.
The HP SN6000B Fiber Channel switch meets the demands of hyper-scale, private cloud storage environments by delivering market-leading 16 Gb Fiber Channel technology and capabilities that support highly virtualized environments. It also provides a simplified deployment process and a point-and-click user interface-making it both powerful and easy to use. The SN6000B switch offers low-cost access to Storage Area Network (SAN) technology while providing "pay-as-you-grow" scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.