- Implements one LSI SAS 3008 eight-port 12 Gbps SAS to PCIe 3.0 controller
- Supports eight-lane, full-duplex PCIe 3.0 performance
- Supports eight external 12 Gbps SATA + SAS ports
- Supports SATA link rates of 3 Gbps and 6 Gbps
- Supports SAS link rates of 3 Gbps, 6 Gbps, and 12 Ghts
- Provides two x 4 external mini-SAS HD connectors
- Supports passive copper cable, active copper cable, and optical cable
- Supports integrated RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 10/1 E)
- Offered with a full-height bracket and a low-profile vented bracket
- Provides one heartbeat LED
The Intel PCI Express-to-Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) controller, referred to as the Intel 12 Gbps SAS controller, provides high-performance external storage connectivity for servers and workstations. The Intel 12 Gbps SAS controller provides eight lanes of 12 Gbps SAS connectivity and is matched with eight lanes of PCIe 3.0 8 Gtps performance. The low-profile design of the SAS controller includes a full-height bracket and low-profile mounting bracket that create a universal fit for any server. The Intel 12 Gbps SAS controller is based on the Fusion-MPT-architected LSI" SAS 3008 controller that integrates the enhancements in PCIe 3.0 technology and 12 Gbps SAS technology.
The Intel 12 Gbps SAS controller has onboard flash memory for the firmware, and BIOS and NVSRAM for RAID support.
- Essential performance and scalability
It is supplies PCI Express generation 3 architecture with over 1 million IOPs, employs SAS/JBOD connectivity with support of up to 244 physical devices.
- External connectivity
Four external ports allow for connecting to a JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) or a SAS switch.
- Cost effective data protection
Provides low-cost RAID 0, 1, and 1E for entry-level server and workstation environments where high-performance and reliable data protection are required.
- SAS or SATA storage
Connect SAS or SATA devices within the array. Use SAS drives for speed, reliability and scalability; use high-capacity SATA drives for budget-friendly storage.