- Scans all major protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, and POP3 to block all types of malware
- Dynamic heuristic analysis uses code emulation to identify viruses and dangerous code that signatures can’t catch
- Compressed and encoded files are decompressed for inspection
- Buffered scanning process ensures optimum performance
- Suspect email can be flagged to go into quarantine
- All security functionality on your WatchGuard X appliance, including Gateway AV, can be managed from a single intuitive console for maximum efficiency and ease of use
Gateway AntiVirus is a fully integrated, signature-based security subscription that blocks spyware, viruses, trojans, and blended threats in real time. It scans all major protocols at the gateway to stop threats before they can gain access to your trusted resources and execute their dangerous payloads. Suspect email caught by the Gateway AV engine can be flagged to go into quarantine, and all actions are logged and available for easy reporting. With its optimized signature set, heuristic analysis, and broad file-handling capabilities, Gateway AntiVirus adds up to exceptionally effective, wide-ranging AV protection for your business network.
- Flexible administrator control
Have the flexibility to define the action to be taken when malware is identified - enabling the network to allow, block, quarantine, or lock questionable traffic based on type, user/group, and protocol.
- You shall not pass
Scans all major protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, TCP, SMTP, and POP3 to block all types of malware.
- Dynamic analysis
Dynamic heuristic analysis uses code emulation to identify polymorphic viruses and dangerous code that signatures don't catch.
- Stronger security for web surfing
Multi-layered inspection of HTTP traffic indentifies spyware, adware, keyloggers, and dialers.
- Compressed file scanning
Compressed and encoded files are decompressed for inspection, with comprehensive compression format support.
- Quarantine suspect traffic
Suspect email can be flagged to go into quarantine, where administrator can restrict access or allow users to review quarantined files through automatic email alerts.
- Optimized for better network performance
Buffered scanning process ensures optimum performance for in-line HTTP scanning.
- Intuitive management
Manage all security functionality on your WatchGuard XTM appliance, including Gateway AV, from a single intuitive console for maximum efficiency and ease of use.
- Cost effective solution
No user charges. Provide network-wide protection for all users configured behind your WatchGuard XTM firewall with a single Gateway AV subscription.