At Zayntek, we take your privacy seriously and this privacy statement explains what personal data or information we collect from you and from people who visit our website and how we use it.
Who are we?
1900 Jay Ell Dr.
Richardson, TX 75081
What personal data or information do we collect?
The personal information we collect may include your name, business address, email address, and information regarding what pages you access on this website and when.
How do we collect data or information from you?
- Make an enquiry via our website or via the telephone
- Use our website
- Enquire about a job opportunity
- Work for or with the business
- Exchange business cards or emails with a member of the business
How is your information used?
We collect your personal data or information to operate our business effectively and provide you with the best information on our products and services.
We may use your information to:
- To provide IT Hardware
- To answer inquiries, that you make prior to any agreement or contract.
- To keep you informed about our services.
- To process a job application
- To fulfill our obligations as an employer
- To maintain security of our office and IT infrastructure
- To invoice you, and to track payments you make or payments made to you
We believe that all these purposes are justified on the basis of our legitimate interests in running and promoting the business, our contractual requirements to deliver the agreed services to you, and our legal obligations, both as a business and responsible employer. If you would like to know more, please read below:
Types of Data Held
- Name and contact information
- Information and documents relating to the services we are providing, including communications with you.
- Billing and payment information
- CV and application form
How Data is Held
Data is stored on secure US-based AWS, Azure, IBM, and Zayntek servers. Therefore, personal information is transferred outside of the EEA.
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or rent your personal data or information to any third party or share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will disclose your data or information if required by law, for example by a court order or for the prevention of fraud or other crime. We may pass your information on to our third-party service providers, agents or subcontractors for the purposes of completing a task or providing services to you on our behalf (for example to execute delivery of an order). However, we disclose only the personal information necessary to deliver our services.
You have certain rights over the processing of your personal information by Zayntek. These include:
- The right to access the data we hold about you
- The right to object to direct marketing
- The right to object to processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interests
- The right to erasure (in some circumstances)
- The right to data portability
- The right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate
- The right to have your data restricted or blocked from processings
How you can update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your contact details or if you want to update any of the information we hold on you, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can access your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information Zayntek holds relating to you. Please contact us by email email@example.com.
Keeping your data secure
When you give us personal information we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely and strive to protect it on our internal systems.
We will monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Unless you have set your browser to block cookies, this site will place the following cookies on your computer.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
ZaynTek uses Amazon Selling Partner API to integrate directly with Amazon to have the broadest possible feature set: managing inventory, orders, fulfillments, and more. Amazon is introducing sweeping changes to their Data Protection Policy, which all third-party vendors must comply with. In response to these requirements, ZaynTek develops internally used apps which handle PII (Personally Identifiable Information), in order to be fully compliant with Amazon’s security standards.
What is PII? Amazon defines PII as “information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate an individual (e.g., Customer or Seller), or to identify an individual in context.”
This includes, but is not limited to:
- List item
- Buyer’s First and Last name
- Buyer’s email address
- Buyer’s phone number
- Buyer’s Address Line 1, Address Line 2
- Gift message content
And more - please check out Amazon’s DPP page for more information.
How will this affect the ZaynTek Internal Tools?
FBM and FBA orders will contain customer’s PII for 30 days after the order is marked as fulfilled or cancelled - after that the PII will be deleted
For all historical Amazon orders (orders placed days, months, years before the new setting is on) that have been fulfilled, customer’s PII will be deleted 30 days after the feature is enabled
Affected areas (what data will be deleted):
- Order contact information
- Contact record
- GONs: Customer name, email, full address
- Order Invoice: Customer name, email, full address
- Order Payment : Customer name from
- Accounting journals: Customer name, email, full address from
- Order gift message custom field: gift message content
*Note:* All Amazon customers' data will be deleted. Amazon customers have unique, Amazon-generated email addresses. If we manually changed an email address for an Amazon customer to reflect their real email address, this data will be deleted as well.
Example: - A customer purchases from we via Amazon and BigCommerce.
- We want to merge same customer record into one.
- We go to Amazon order and update customer email address to the same email they used to place a BigCommerce order.
- Now in ZaynTek there is one contact record that has a history of BigCommerce AND Amazon order.
- When obfuscation job is rub, ALL Amazon buyers' data (buyers that are linked to Amazon channel orders) will get deleted.
- So the contact record for the buyer on BigCommerce and Amazon will be deleted as well, because ZaynTek is looking for Amazon channels order and ALL customer record under Amazon channels will be deleted.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help us analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for our website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated September 2021.